- Rock bottom of the table and preparing for life in the OBOS-Ligaen next season. They simply haven’t been cut out for top division football.
- Start have nevertheless remained fairly motivated and ended their long run of 39 games without a win by beating Haugesund in their last home match.
- Now that this monkey is off their back it’s difficult to know if it will free them up, or actually reduce their motivation. They desperately wanted that win and they finally managed it.
- The same squad that’s been playing in recent weeks is retained. The only major injury of note is to box to box midfielder Chidiebere Nwakali.
- Back to back defeats has left them just one place above the relegation zone and with a worse goal difference than Stabaek below, so the pressure is back on.
- Tromso have been all or nothing for quite a while. They've won 4 and lost 5 of their last 9 games with no draws in that period.
- Midfielder Jonas Johansen is suspended but he isn’t regarded as a regular starter. The key duo of Simen Wangberg (CB) & Christian Landu Landu (CM) have both been nursing injuries recently but should feature.
- Tromso have lost 4 of their last 5 away from home but unlike in recent years they have shown improvement in their away performances this term.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- A number of teams in the relegation battle have used this fixture away against Start as a springboard to propel back up the table. Can Tromso do the same?
- In terms of motivation, there is only one winner and Tromo are in desperate need of the points, whilst Start have nothing to play for except pride.
- The hosts have proved to be a slight thorn in the side recently and haven't completely rolled over, so the visitors will have to work hard to get the victory.
- Tromso can be grabbed as big as 2.0 to win this match, which looks a little too generous. At this stage of the season, motivation is everything in football and their desperate need for points should give them the edge.
- I prefer to take the visitors on a -0.25 handicap, just for security @ around the 1.75 mark. If they lost the match it’d be a surprise.
- This might not be a pretty game of football. But ultimately I would expect Tromso to have enough about themselves to find a way to win a match which is imperative for them.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Tromso -0.25 @ 1.75