- It’s been 10 league games without a win now for Stromsgodset, who blew a 2-0 lead against Bodo just before the international break, eventually losing 2-4.
- Coach Bjorn Petter Ingebretsen has resigned from his post due to health reasons. This might be a good thing for the club who have perhaps been distracted by his off the field issues following a heart attack during the summer.
- Godset are at full strength minus the attacking duo of Nguyen & top striker Marcus Pedersen. However, the former has only made one appearance since the end of May and Pedersen been in and out of the team recently due to injuries and suspension.
- Despite their poor form, Marienlyst Stadion is still a strong fortress and Godset have only lost once here all season. The have won 6 of the last 7 meetings vs Viking here.
- Their form has improved recently, losing just 1 of their last 5 games. A place in midtable is assured and with a good finish they could even challenge a top four or five spot.
- Off the field concerns still plague the club, but on the field performances haven't been affected too much. There remains an element of inconsistency regarding Viking though.
- The visitors have the second worst offense in the Tippeligaen, but also possess the third best defence. These statistics rather sum them up.
- The Stavanger outfit have the third best away record in the league and travel to Drammen with no major injuries or suspensions.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Godset are badly out of form in the league, but have at least shown signs of improvements in the last few weeks. With a change of manager, perhaps they can get back on track.
- This is a midtable battle and not much is at stake,. Both sides could be more relaxed, leading to an open game of football. Viking however, have a habit of being involved in lower scoring contests.
- Godset are favorites around the 2.0 mark, which looks too short for a team winless in 10 games. I still think they are the most likely victors though and would be reluctant to bet against them.
- The hosts have a reputation of being high scorers and a lot of their matches are end to end. It takes two to tango though, so backing over 2.5 goals @ around the 1.80 mark doesn’t interest me either.
- Overall, I think a Godset win in a fairly lively encounter could occur, but I’m not at all confident and would rather leave this game alone.
Recommended bet: None