- Three successive defeats at a bad time has left Tromso hovering just above the relegation zone.
- Stabaek’s defeat on Saturday reduces the pressure somewhat, but the threat of third bottom Lillestrom remains large. Tromso need to at least end their run of defeats.
- The northern outfit only have one new absentee to deal with and that centre back Magnar Odegaard who’s suspended.
- The hosts have won 3 of their last 4 games at Alfheim Stadion but the general standard of their performances here have been below par this season.
- No win in five games has also heaped the pressure on Valerenga and they needed a late equaliser against Stabaek last week or else their problems would be even greater.
- They had a great unbeaten run about a couple of months ago, but those performances have evaporated and they’ve struggled of late.
- Key midfielder and promising young talent Sander Berge is ruled out for the rest of the season because of injury and might have played his last game for the club.
- Valerenga are otherwise at full strength, but are sure to miss his presence in the middle.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This has all the makings of a really nervy match, one which neither side will want to lose.
- I personally can’t trust any of them right now and for both teams form has dramatically dropped. Tromso have home advantage, which is important here this time of year though.
- They need to rekindle their traditional spirit in front of their own fans and grind out some sort of result, perhaps in an ugly way.
- With so much at stake and potentially a lot of nerves around, I would much rather leave this match alone and no bet.
Recommended bet: None