- Back to back defeats and just 1 win in their last 6 games has put the pressure back on Valerenga.
- They are now only three points clear of the relegation zone and a defeat to Stabaek here would put them on level points!
- Key striker Moa is suspended and it’s difficult to know who’ll replace him upfront. They lack quality striking options.
- The rest of the squad, with the exception of some longer term casualties should all be available as Valerenga desperately need to find the form which they showed a couple of months ago.
- Defeat to relegation rivals Lillestrom (1-2) at home a couple of weeks ago was a massive blow, but Stabaek have generally been trending upwards of late.
- At the moment the main priority is to avoid automatic relegation but a victory here would drag loads of sides back into trouble.
- Goalscoring has been a big problem for Stabaek this season but they have been more dangerous on the road this year, especially under coach Toni Ordinas.
- The visitors have two injury doubts, to Daniel Granli (fullback) & Luc Kassi (CM). Everyone else should be available.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a derby match from the Oslo region and there is a strong rivalry between the two teams. Expect a committed and passionate performance from both, and possibly a heated encounter.
- Stabaek have won the last three meetings between the two sides and could be dangerous here, there is definitely more pressure on Valerenga.
- The hosts are a short priced favourite around the 1.85 mark which is far too short in a match of this magnitude, especially as a draw wouldn't be a bad result for them.
- I think this is such a tough match to predict and to bet on. My gut feeling is that Stabaek won’t lose and that it could be an over 2.5 fixture, but it’s fraught with danger.
- I would say this will be a really interesting match to watch, but as a betting prospect pre game it’s the most sensible solution to stay away.
Recommended bet: None