- The hosts have been inconsistent of late, mixing both good with bad. They are currently situated solidly in midtable.
- Unbeaten at home since the early stages of the season. They can usually be relied upon in front of their own fans.
- Squad in perfect condition with no significant absences. Key striker Famara Diedhiou returns to the squad after his wife gave birth last week.
- Put up a creditable fight against PSG last week, only losing 0-1
- In general, it's been a miserable season for LOSC though and they've been performing well below expectations.
- They've yet to win away from home, losing 4 out of 5 contests. Squad condition is poor with a lot of attackers missing. Lack of goals is a real issue.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both sides are usually quite goal shy so I don't expect this to be much of a classic. Chances could be at a premium with defences on top.
- It doesn't surprise me the goal line is 1.75 here, the bookies are taking no chances.
- Angers can be backed on a -0.25 handicap around the 2.05 mark which is tempting.
- But not tempting enough. The risk of a draw is too high and I prefer to leave this match alone. I fancy Angers to just sneak it though.
Recommended bet: None