- First choice keeper Cedrick Carrasso is still injured and attacker Adam Ounas is suspended. Jeremy Menez could start upfront this week which would be a major boost.
- Bordeaux have drawn 4 of their last 5 games and are drifting towards mid table. Their performances are extremely difficult to predict right now.
- They are capable of blowing hot or cold and I suspect they are due a good day here. Their bigger problems tend to come against defensive teams, but Lorieny should give them enough chances today.
- Les Merlus are still without a permanent coach so interim boss Franck Haise will be in charge once again. Lorient played some good football last week but blew a 2-0 lead against Montpellier.
- FCL have lost all five road games thus far, scoring just once since the opening match of the season. It looks like Haise wants to be positive and attack though, so things might change.
- He names a similar squad compared to last week. Important striker Benjamin Moukandjo misses out because of injury again.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I suspect this match might contain over 2.5 goals, even though statistics don't necessarily suggest it.
- Bordeaux have been involved in some lower scoring games of late but there are reasons for this and the type of opposition is one explanation.
- Lorient should come here positive, but because this is their interim boss's first away game in charge, there are question marks. Therefore, it's sensible to swerve backing over 2.25 at not a great price.
- Bordeaux are understandable odds-on favourites but they haven't won in a while so I have no interest in backing them. Lorient might even spring a surprise and avoid defeat.
Recommended bet: None