- Defeat against Nancy (0-2) last time out has put them inside the relegation zone and the pressure is on. Caen have lost 7 out of 11 matches this season.
- The news that Julien Feret (AM) continues to be injured is a major blow. He’s their best creative player and still very classy at Ligue 1 level, despite his age.
- Imorou, Ben Youssef & Daabo are all missing from a defence which has conceded one of the highest number of goals in the entire division.
- The Mediterranean club have won six games in a row, are the only remaining unbeaten side in Ligue 1 and sit three points clear at the top of the table.
- Their Europa League performances continue to be mixed. It seems they save their worst displays for midweek, this time losing against Salzburg at home on Monday night.
- With the exception of centre back Paul Baysse who is injured, all of their other main starters are available. Squad condition is very healthy.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Nice just keep delivering the goods in Ligue 1. They have enjoyed a superb run of results this season and remain unbeaten. Keep this up and they could be an unlikely title challenger all year.
- Caen meanwhile, have issues. It seems their problems are all over the field, but especially in defence. The difference this season is their their attack isn't saving them by scoring enough goals.
- This is perhaps a slight banana skin for Nice. Travelling to Caen is never the easiest match in the world at a difficult location.
- I think the visitors will win, but not easily. This is probably an over match too but I don’t think any of the betting lines are particularly attractive, so I’ll swerve.
Recommended bet: None