- The Brittany outfit are riding high as fifth in the table and have a superb home record this season (4-1-0) with nobody yet to beat them at Le Stade Roudourou.
- New coach Antoine Kombouare has had a really positive effect on this club and they look a pretty well balanced unit in all areas of the field.
- No new injuries to worry about and their only main casualty is midfielder Mustapha Diallo.
- Have won their last three home games all by a 1-0 scoreline and become really hard to break down in front of their own fans.
- Victory in their last game against Lorient (2-1) was their first in six games. Bordeaux have been hard to beat this season but a number of draws have stalled their progress somewhat.
- They are inconsistent away from home with a 2-2-2 record and it seems they are very difficult to predict on the road at the moment.
- Central defender Nicolas Pallois is suspended, whilst first choice keeper Cedric Carrasso remains injured. Young attacking duo Adam Ounas and Thomas Toure are on the sidelines too.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Bordeaux coach Jocelyn Gourvennec returns to the club where he made his name and where he enjoyed plenty of success. This adds an interesting spice to the occasion. He’ll be desperate to get a good result, but Guingamp should also be fired up to face him.
- The hosts have been really strong here this season and are often underestimated. They are slight favourites on a DNB handicap which might even offer a spot of value.
- Bordeaux tend to do well in this fixture though, and with a coach armed with great knowledge of the team they are about to face, it would probably be a bad idea to bet against them.
- I’m not sure here, nothing would really surprise me. The stats point towards a low scoring tight game but both clubs have the potential to open up sometimes. I’m not interested in betting on the game and this really has the potential of going either way.
Recommended bet: None