- Rock bottom of the table on just 7 points after 12 games. FCL have lost a whopping 9 contests so far!
- They’ve now appointed a new head coach and Bernard Casoni takes over - a poor appointment in my opinion.
- The last two jobs that Casoni had were in Ligue 2 and on both occasions he nearly lead teams to relegation. He’s an old fashioned disciplinarian and naturally defensive.
- The most notable absentees tonight are first choice keeper Lecomte & centre back Mickael Ciani.
- Leonardo Jardim’s side are second in the table and are right on the coat-tails of league leaders Nice.
- Monaco are the highest scoring team in the division, netting a massive 36 goals in 12 games, which is a huge amount. They’ve been thrashing most of the poor teams this season.
- The squad remains settled and their only significant injury is to midfielder Joao Moutinho. A number of players were involved internationally, but all have reported back fit.
- Monaco have shown a real hunger to rack up the score this season. They aren’t just comtet with 1-0 wins under Jardim any more, they want more goals.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Lorient are certainly in trouble and I’d be surprised if the appointment of Bernard Casoni solves anything. He isn’t a coach I particularly rate and seems like the wrong choice.
- He should bring some sort of better organisation at least, but Monaco will likely have way too much for Les Merlus here.
- The visitors can surprisingly be backed as big as 1.87 on a -0.5 handicap. This should cover, Monaco can ill afford to pass up this opportunity.
- Leonardo Jardim’s men have won 6 of their last 7 games by at least a two goal margin, many of them comfortable hammerings, With this in mind, I will be aggressive and back a -0.75 handicap.
- This match is also likely to be an over 2.5 affair. But with Lorient struggling in front of goal this season then it would perhaps be unwise to back this bet @ around the 1.80 mark. I prefer just to stick with Monaco, who appear to be the safer play.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Monaco -0.75 @ 2.13