- The Lorraine outfit got absolutely smashed 6-0 by Monaco just before the international break. However, prior to that game they produced their best performance of the season beating Caen 2-0 at home.
- Key defender Mickael Chretien and striker Anthony Koura are both injured but everyone else of significance is available for selection.
- It was noticeable how much more proactive Nancy were in their last home game. They were much more dangerous and they should look to stay positive, despite their big defeat last time out.
- The artificial surface at Le Stade Marcel Picot will be dug up next summer, but for now they remain the only side in Ligue 1 without a grass stadium, which some would see as an advantage.
- Les Rouges are unbeaten in 6 games but will be disappointed to have let a 3-1 lead slip against Guingamp last time out (3-3).
- Prior to that match they’d shown an improvement in defence. I said I wasn’t convinced by their backline though and this team is naturally attack minded and can’t be relied upon at the back.
- Defensive midfielder and old veteran Florent Balmont is injured, along with right back Fouad Chafik. Everyone else is available though and the squad is generally in good condition.
- Dijon have yet to win away from home, picking up just a couple of points in five contests so far.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between two promoted teams who were the standout stars in Ligue 2 last season. This fixture was memorable last year ending 3-1 and was a real cracker of a contest.
- I have a feeling both will fancy their chances and recognise this as an opportunity to pick up three points. I suspect this will be quite an open contest with chances at both ends.
- I would favour Nancy to win but Dijon have been the better of the two sides this season and the price on the home team isn’t tempting enough to back.
- Over 2 goals can be backed around the 1.75 mark and this looks acceptable to me. Nancy haven’t been the most free scoring of sides this season but in recent times their games have been more open and I’ve seen a willingness from them to offer more in attack.
- The artificial pitch should help promote a good standard of football, aiding a free flowing game which is another reason why I quite like this pick. I don’t think this will be a mega high scoring game but I see enough here that suggests an over.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.75