- Les Canaris continued their poor form at the weekend when they could only draw 0-0 at home to lowly Lille. Nantes are now inside the relegation zone and have only won three games all season.
- The hosts have scored a measly nine goals, which is the second worst tally in the entire league behind Nancy. They simply don’t create many chances either, which is probably the biggest concern. Couple that with a lack of quality strikers and it’s no surprise to see them struggling to find the net.
- The squad continues to be in good condition with few injuries. This has been the case for a few weeks so they have no excuses in this department. Attacking midfielder Adrien Thomasson is suspended for tonight’s match.
- Nantes have the worst home record of anyone in Ligue 1. Their statistics read 1-3-3, netting just three goals in the process. This is quite frankly appalling and actually majorly embarrassing for a side that receives such good support. Fans are restless though and don't like the off field regime.
- Defeat at home to PSG on Sunday night snapped a good period for OL. They had won three in a row and also enjoyed some decent Champions League success.
- OL were unlucky to lose that match and played a very good second half against the champions. The question now is how much that loss deflated the team. Can they bounce back quickly?
- Squad condition is good with only defenders ruled out. None can be classed as very important though. Jallet has been missing for a while, the jury is still out with Mammana & Nicolas Nkoulou has become a very poor player considering what he was a few years ago.
- Lyon do possess the fourth best away record in the league but have already lost three times on their travels, a couple of those at Lorient and Dijon which is fairly concerning.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Lyon recently beat Lille 1-0 and afterwards their opponents sacked coach Frederic Antonetti. A similar outcome here could see Nantes do the same with Rene Girard. He is under a lot of pressure and Nantes have been dreadfully disappointing so far this season.
- Lyon are a -0.25 away favourite and this is no surprise. They probably deserve to be even shorter and few could complain if they were an odds-on price. Lyon are much the better team at the moment and really should get the job done.
- The only doubt is whether they can break down a sometimes resolute Nantes backline. However, Lyon have enough individual players like Alexandre Lacazette who have the quality to win games on their own.
- Lyon are one of the top teams in this league so I have no concerns backing them on the road. A -0.25 handicap seems fairly safe and the chances of them actually losing the game is low.
- I don’t expect this to be a classic and Nantes’ low scoring nature probably ensures this game ends an under. For those looking for a good correct score bet then 0-1 or 0-2 are the most likely outcomes.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Lyon -0.25 @ 1.88