- The champions obtained a vital 2-1 win against rivals Lyon on Sunday night. They put in a pretty good away performance considering the opposition and it was quite a statement victory.
- This midweek encounter could see the coach make a number of changes as squad rotation occurs. Angel Di Maria returns from injury, but whether or not he’ll be risked to start is questionable.
- Blaise Matuidi, Javier Pastore & Adrien Rabiot will definitely be missing from the midfield but PSG have loads of quality depth.
- They are unbeaten at home and only conceded one goal in front of their own fans so far this season.
- The visitors have been inconsistent this season but are generally tough to beat. They are situated in 10th spot and are the definition of a true midtable side.
- Key midfielder Cheikh N’Doye and centre back Romain Thomas both return after suspension. It will aid their cause massively having these guys back. However, Yoann Andreu is banned so someone will have to fill in at left back.
- Nobody is injured for Angers apart from attacker Billy Ketkeo who is ruled out long term.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- PSG are a -2 Asian handicap favourite tonight. This is understandable, although whether they’ll fully cover it I’m not sure.
- There’s a strong chance that PSG will win to nil. They might not be as offensively dominant under Unai Emery but they tend to concede relatively few chances under his management.
- Angers got smashed here 5-1 last season but don’t usually get blown out by anyone. They can be hard to break down and there’s a suggestion they’ll line up with a back five here to make things awkward for PSG.
- The 2-0 scoreline is actually the most likely outcome. I’d be surprised if PSG dropped points here but at the same time they could labour towards victory.
- If I had to bet I’d side with the +2 or under 3 lines, but I have no intention of getting involved here. Overall, I don’t think it’s a great match to bet on.
Recommended bet: None