- A comfortable and convincing 4-0 win against Rennes just prior to the international break suggests that PSG are just starting to get going this season following an inconsistent start.
- Midfielder Adrien Rabiot is injured, along with goalkeeper Alphonse Areola. Left back Layvin Kurzawa is another casualty.
- A lot of their players were involved in the recent international break, so watch out for some signs of rustiness.
- There is also the chance that Les Parisiens might be looking ahead to their very important CL match away against Arsenal on Wednesday, the result of which will probably determine who wins the group.
- Just a handful of wins against some of the poorer ranked teams mean that Nantes are only a couple of points clear of the relegation zone. They’ve only netted 9 goals in 12 games.
- Les Canaris have three suspended players here, the most notable are the attacking duo Harit & Sala. They lack for firepower anyway, so this is hardly ideal. Midfielder Valentin Rongier is injured.
- Have a terrible record against PSG, losing the last 11 meetings against the champions.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Nantes coach Rene Girard once famously beat PSG to the title with Montpellier but it’d be a surprise if his team caused the champions many problems today.
- The visitors just haven’t looked great under him this season and they especially lack offensive firepower. Their chances are likely to extremely few and far between here.
- I don’t expect the hosts to be on their complete ‘A game’ for various reasons, but they should still have way too much for Nantes.
- My preferred pick for the game is PSG -1.75. I think taking this handicap makes sense and a 2-0 or 3-0 win would see a profitable return.
- PSG winning to nil is highly likely which is why I won't be backing over 3 goals, but they are more than capable of covering that line themselves too.
- There’s a chance they won’t want to rack up the score too much though so I’ll stick just with the handicap in this instance.
Recommended bet 1 unit: PSG -1.75 @ 1.94