- The Corsicans continue to blow hot and cold. A solid 1-1 draw obtained away at Lens last time out continued the theme of them surprising compared to what was expected.
- Ajaccio seem to prefer facing bigger and more fancied teams. They don’t operate well as a favourite so they should be suited to being an underdog again tonight, especially at home.
- Here on the island of Corsica they are renowned for being hard to beat and it’s a tricky location for anyone to visit.
- Squad is at full strength, minus the loss of no1 keeper Riffi Mandanda who’s still injured.
- Following a solid start to the season, RCS have become inconsistent and suddenly involved in some higher scoring matches. Their last five contests have all ended over 2.5 goals.
- The midfield duo of Anthony Goncalves & Sacko are ruled out injured. Strasbourg have a few other players who are missing either due to a lack of match fitness or tactical selection.
- Right now, they are capable of blowing very hot or cold, I’m unsure of which version will show up. Anything is possible.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- As per usual, Ajaccio are pretty underestimated by the bookies. They are only slight favourites on a DNB handicap which is fairly generous considering their home strength.
- Strasbourg are a better team, but there isn’t a massive amount of difference between the sides. I wouldn't want to put anyone off backing Ajaccio, but I prefer to leave them alone myself.
- Their two defeats at home his year have coincided with me backing them. For some reason I am struggling to get a good read on them this year, but my sense is that this is the sort of fixture they should enjoy.
- Probably a tight home win or a draw is the most likely outcome. I’d be surprised if this was much of a spectacle and it’s no real surprise to see the goal line as low as 1.75.
Recommended bet: None