- Just one win in their last five games seems to have stalled Amiens' momentum a little bit but they are still well situated in the table.
- Home record could be stronger, although only one loss at Le Stade de la Licorne isn't too bad.
- They have been the big overachievers so far this season and the question everyone keeps asking is when will their dubble burst? Possibly there might be some signs it might be starting.
- AJA got off to a winning start under Cedric Daury, but have since lost thre straight games in Ligue & cup combined.
- A shocking 0-4 loss at home to Niort last week shows how much of a big job Daury has on his hands. Auxerre are desperately lacking confidence and find themselves bottom of the table.
- With the exception of a 4-2 win at Bourg-en-Bresse, their away record is pathetic with no wins and just one goal in the other six combined fixtures.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Amiens are odds-on to win this game and it's no surprise. Auxerre have been in freefall for most of the season.
- Beware the wounded animal though. Audrey do have a new coach and he will demand a reaction here. I expect them to be better defensively at least.
- My gut feeling is that this match will be more awkward for Amiens than most expect. On paper, Auxerre actually have the better quality so if Daury can get them playing a surprise could be on the cards.
- I'm not interested in betting on this match in any capacity. Of all the games tonight this is possibly the toughest to predict.
Recommended bet: None