- AJA are bottom of the table but have picked up four points in four games and two clean sheets under new coach Cedric Daury.
- This is a squad lacking confidence and it could be a long process in which to turn around the team. Auxerre are fragile and the first goal in this game is vital.
- Experienced centre back Remi Fournier is injured along with winger Alexandre Vincent. They have no other absentees of significance.
- Auxerre have a pathetic 1-1-4 home record, scoring just three goals in front of their own fans this season.
- Les Sang et Or have only lost twice all season and find themselves just a few points below the promotion positions.
- Too many draws continue to cost Alain Casanova's side though and exactly half (7) of their fixtures have ended all square. This is simply too many and they must convert more into victories if they want to go up.
- Squad condition is very good with only left wing back Anthony Scaramozzino ruled out injured. Everyone else of significance is available.
- Lens have picked up some good results on the road this season and should be confident. The last time they travelled resulted in an excellent 2-1 win at Brest.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Auxerre are still very much a work in progress under Cedric Daury. They are steadily making some progress but this has still very much been a struggling campaign for them.
- They can’t be backed with any confidence and it’s no surprise to see Lens as favourites in between a DNB & -0.25 handicap line.
- The visitors are the most likely victors but they draw too many games to warrant betting on. This match has the feeling of an all square match about it too.
- I have no real interest getting involved here. I think a low scoring game is in order and a single goal at either end could be enough for someone to pick up three points.
Recommended bet: None