- Victory last week at home to GFCA (1-0) was a timely boost following a winless run in which they’d failed to score in 3 out of 4 fixtures.
- First choice keeper Julien Fabri remains out which is a blow, whilst big centre half Bruce Abdoulaye is another casualty.
- Elsewhere, they are at full strength with only long term casualty Wilfried Louisy Daniel (att), plus a couple of others ruled out.
- Bourg have a mixed home record but have now only lost 1 of their last 5 games in front of their own fans.
- Olivier Frapolli’s side have only won two games all season and currently reside inside the relegation zone.
- A late equaliser against Troyes last week might enable them to take some momentum into this contest. But the overall mood isn’t great right now.
- Scoring goals has been a big problem for the team, netting just twice in their last five games. Typically, they are too negative in approach.,
- Centre back Joel Sami is surprisingly left out of the squad by choice of the coach. He’s their best defender on paper. Right back Ben Youssef is suspended.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Orleans have the worst away record in the ligue, losing 5 out of 6 on the road. They aren't in great form and I struggle to see why Bourg-en-Bresse are such a big price here.
- The hosts can be grabbed on a DNB handicap around the 1.75 mark, which is too generous to refuse.
- Bourg aren’t the most reliable team in the world but they are better than Orleans and deserve to be much stronger favorites here. The visitors are a limited side with problems in all areas of the field.
- I have the feeling this might be an over 2.5 match as well because Orleans could open up. However, due to the visitors having such issues scoring goals then it would be sensible to refrain from betting in this particular market.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Bourg-en-Bresse DNB @ 1.75