- They remain an extremely up and down team but it’s worth noting that they've only lost 2 of their last 10 games, so have managed to find a way of generally avoiding defeats.
- A frantic 3-3 draw picked up at Valenciennes was the second time in five games in which they were involved in a six goal thriller. However, mixed in with these results have been some surprising 0-0s and lower scoring fixtures.
- It’s difficult to know exactly which version of Bourg will turn up. I think they are naturally an offensive minded team but sometimes do go into their shell depending on the opposition.
- The defensive duo Bruce Abdoulaye & Ange Digbeu are both ruled out. Neither has played much recently so it’s debatable if this will affect them much.
Red Star preview
- The Parisian outfit have only won 1 of their last 8 games and are starting to slide down the table again. Their recent problem isn’t so much scoring goals, but their usual reliable defence has been too leaky.
- Red Star have only kept one clean sheet on their last seven games which is strange for a Rui Almeida side. The visitors are usually so strong defensively and I’m sure he will be working to try and fix this problem.
- Often regarded as a better team away from home, it’s worth noting that they’ve only won once on the road so far this year, scoring just four goals.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a tricky game between two teams who are maybe suffering from ‘second season syndrome’ Neither have been in great form this year following strong previous campaigns.
- Red Star have been involved in a surprising number of higher scoring games recently, but at any moment they could revert back into their shell and park the bus. Perhaps they’ll aim to be be more solid again tonight.
- Overall, I think we’ll see quite a tentative game, possibly a tight cagey encounter. Bourg-en-Bresse are slight favourites with the bookies on a DNB handicap which maybe looks generous.
- However, I never like betting against Red Star away from home and I will give them some respect. I could see this ending up as a close Bourg win or a draw, and a possible under contest.
Recommended bet: None