- The Brittany outfit are top of the table and could extend their lead at the top with victory here. Brest have only lost two games all season, although both of those defeats have come here at home.
- Despite that, they have won 5 out of 7 at Le Stade Francis Le Ble and any Jean-Marc Furlan side is usually pretty strong in front of their own fans. He has transformed Brest into a winning machine in Ligue 2 where he tends to have the midas touch.
- Key veteran playmaker Bruno Grougi returns from injury but they’ll have to do without three regulars. Left back Nganioni, defensive midfielder Alexandre Coeff & winger Valentin Lavigne all miss out.
- Brest have had to deal with relatively few injuries this season and it’ll be interesting to see how they adapt. Coeff especially could be missed considering he’s started every single game for them so far.
- Les Chamois have shockingly won 5 of their last 6 games. This followed an awful start to the season when they looked terrible, but Denis Renaud’s men have managed to turn things around.
- The squad has been pretty settled recently and again they have no new injuries or suspensions to worry about.
- Despite this great run of form I still have to question who exactly they’ve beaten. Most of their victories have been facing poorer teams and a trip to Brest is a much more difficult affair.
- Niort have the potential to be solid under Renaud and might be tricky to beat away from home. Les Chamois have only lost 1 of their last 5 road games.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brest are priced around the 2.0 mark to win, which on the face of things seems tempting. The hosts are one of the best teams in the league and most people will expect them to win this match.
- Niort are in good form though and the players will be high on confidence at the moment. It probably isn’t the best time to be betting against them.
- I have no real feeling about this game although I suspect that Brest will ultimately find a way to win. They are often a lucky swide under Jean Marc Furlan and their extra bits of class such as Neal Maupay upfront could be the difference maker.
- For me, this is an easy no bet match and nothing really interests me. The match markets and over/under lines seem pretty spot on so I’m happy to leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None