- A sudden run of 3 defeats in their last 4 games has seen Brest drop down to third in the table. They had been doing so well but seem to have hit the rocks recently.
- The hosts are at least boosted by the return from injury of left back Nganioni and defensive midfielder Alexandre Coeff. Both missed the recent losses to Niort & Amiens and if they returned to the XI it would strengthen the team.
- There’s no doubt the Breton outfit have made improvements under Jean Marc Furlan, but have been vulnerable at home. Brets have won 5 but also lost 3 games here at Le Stade Francis le Ble
- An incredible 10 match unbeaten run, which includes victories in 7 of their last 8 games has put Troyes top of the pile. Credit to this team who looked terrible at the start of the season. They have turned around their fortunes spectacularly.
- Troye have won 5 of those aforementioned 7 games to nil and have produced some surprising defensive resistance. The backline, which looked so vulnerable in August has inexplicably turned into a formidable outfit.
- The squad is again very settled and the exact same group of players is retained that beat Clermont 1-0 on Friday night. Versatile midfielder Tristan Dingome is their only significant absentee, but he’s now been out for over a month.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between 3rd and 1st in the table as two good teams collide. However, Brest have lost their way recently and you’d have to favour Troyes right now, especially as they've had an extra day of rest and preparation.
- Despite this, Brest are still -0.25 favourites, which I can sort of understand. But there are too many doubts surrounding them to back the Breton outfit in my opinion. Troyers are in a really good period and have looked good in all areas of the field, especially at the back.
- With striker Adama Niane in red hot form too, you’d think the visitors can take advantage of Brest’s dodgy looking defence which has conceded too many goals recently.
- Both teams like to play in an attractive style. Troyes games are more open containing a greater amount of chances than their scorelines suggest. However, statistically they've become an under machine so I simply can’t warrant backing over 2 or 2.25 goals.
- A draw or a low scoring away win seems the most likely outcome. I have enough respect for both sides to refrain from betting and just watch this encounter.
Recommended bet: None