- The hosts have only won 1 of their last 8 games, although that sole victory was in their most recent home fixture.
- Performances have been alright, albeit inconsistent. Coach Corinne Diacre has fewer weapons to work with this season and Clermont have been unable to score themselves out of trouble.
- Defender Thomas Fontaine, who has started every match this season is suspended. In attack, the duo of Ajorque & Centonze are both injured, but neither are banker starters.
- Goalkeeper continues to be a problem position with No1 keeper Mehdi Jeannin still injured. Marc Caillard is the current backup, but he can be dodgy.
GFC Ajaccio preview
- Their overall form has improved, winning 3 of their last 6 games which has put the islanders back in the upper part of midtable.’
- Away form has been poor recently though, failing to score in 4 of their last 5 road games. The only success during this period was a victory at struggling Tours.
- Key centre back Cedric Hountondji is still injured along with striker Rafik Boujdera. Everyone else is fit and fully available.
- One of their big recent problems on the road has been scoring goals or even creating chances. GFCA have simply looked toothless at times and need to address that issue here.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Clermont have already lost twice at home this season, but those defeats were facing Le Havre & Sochaux both of whom are very strong sides. Under the management of Corinne Diacre they’ve usually been pretty strong here at Le Stade Gabriel Montpied.
- GFC’s recent away form hasn’t impressed me. They’ve desperately struggled with the exception of a 3-0 win at Tours. But this is a far tougher fixture.
- It’s surprising to see Clermont so generously priced on a DNB handicap. I feel they should be -0.25 favourites in a match like this so we are getting a nice bit of line value.
- I am willing to back the hosts and I think they are a fairly safe bet. At worst, this should be a draw but I’d say there’s a good chance of a home win.
- Neither side has been in great goalscoring form this season so an under 2.5 match is probable. The goal line is set between 2 and 2.25 which seems about fair.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Clermont DNB @ 1.92