- Defeat away to Troyes (0-1) snapped a good run of results for Corinne Diacre’s men. They are locked around the midtable mark but things are going alright. Losing to in-form Troyes is no disgrace at the moment.
- Clermont are pretty inconsistent and their performances can vary a lot. However, Corinne Diacre has a good record at home and they've only lost 1 of their last 5 here in Ligue 2.
- Let back Karim Djellabi is injured which is a bit of a blow. It looks like the offensively minded Fabien Centonze will take his place. This guy is technically gifted and better suite on the wings. He will add to the offense but could be vulnerable defensively.
- A victory against Auxerre on Friday night was much needed and probably kept coach Fabian Mercadal in a job. How much longer he remains in charge remains to be seen, but that win has given him a new lease of life, for now.
- Tours are off the bottom of the table but still inside the relegation zone. They’ve lost 9 out of 16 games this season and conceded 29 goals. Just two clean sheets obtained is a miserable return.
- The squad is at least in good condition with few injuries. They looked better on Friday night, with more positive players in the starting XI who gave extra energy and pace.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Clermont are favourites around the 2.05 mark and this is understandable. They are the better team and usually perform quite well at home under the management of Corinne Diacre.
- Tours put in a much improved performance on Friday night and more importantly obtained a win. However, that was only facing Auxerre who are absolutely rotten this season. For sure, a trip to Clermont will be much harder.
- Both sides have some fast dangerous attackers and I see this being quite an open game of football. There should be chances at both ends and immediately over 2.25 stands out as a good bet to me.
- Tours struggle to defend at the best of times and I think Clermont have the type of wingers and strikers who can cause them all sorts of problems. At the other end, I can see Tours scoring because Clermont aren’t the most secure side either.
- The only real question is whether or not to also back Clermont. Ultimately, I’ve decided to take them on a -0.25 handicap. Tours aren’t a good team and make too many mistakes. I think Clermont will outscore them and the price is just about big enough to tempt me in.
Recommended bets both 1 unit: Clermont -0.25 @ 1.77 & Over 2.25 goals @ 1.95