GFC Ajaccio preview
- The Corsicans have become a highly inconsistent side and are the definition of a midtable outfit right now. Their last 6 matches read WLWLWL in the form book.
- GFCA have improved their home form recently, beating both Orleans and Red Star here. However, this will likely be a tougher challenge.
- Centre back Christophe Diedhiou is suspended, however this is offset by the return from injury of key man Cedric Hountondji.
- The rest of the squad is pretty much available, barring a couple of longer term injuries. The midfield and attack will likely stay the same compared to recent weeks.
- A last gasp victory against Tours last week (2-1) was an important win and ended a poor run of results. Sochaux are still underachieving but their position in the table isn’t disastrous by any means.
- They started the season in good form away from home but have since gone winless on the road in five attempts. Lack of goals during this period has been an issue.
- Sochaux’s only injury concerns are to winger Florian Martin, who has been out for a few weeks now and first choice keeper Olivier Werner who is ruled out for the rest of the season after an injury picked up in August.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- GFCA are a -0.25 favourite here around the 2.0 mark, so the bookies are expecting a close encounter. With the goal line set between 1.75 and 2, a low scoring contest could be on the cards.
- I respect the defence of both sides and Sochaux are likely to come here with a defensive gameplan. They will try and keep a clean sheet and grind out a 1-0 win.
- This is a tough place to visit although GFC’s lack of offensive firepower is a concern. They have struggled to hit the back of the net all year and against a good defence they could fail again.
- It’s the sort of match in a which a goal from a set piece could prove the difference maker. If not, then it’s a definite 0-0 contender.
- I don’t personally see any edge so I’m not interested in betting on the contest.
Recommended bet: None