- A shock 3-1 win at Ajaccio last week moved them out of the relegation zone and increased their goals for tally by 50%!
- Difficult to explain what changed for this usually very negative and defensive side who struggle to score goals. It seemed once they fell behind early they abandoned their normal style.
- This made them a better outfit but I think they will go back into their shell facing a big team tonight. Laval usually just aim for a draw in fixtures like this.
- Veteren centre back Malik Couturier is injured along with DMID Dembele. Everyone else is available selection. Left back Quintin returns after a fairly long lay off.
Le Havre preview
- New coach Oswald Tanchot suffered his first defeat in charge last week, falling to a 0-1 loss at Reims. HAC struggled to break down a resolute defence and will encounter similar opposition here.
- Tanchot continues to have a full strength side at his disposal, minus defender/midfielder Cedric Cambon, who wouldn't necessarily get back into the XI now anyway.
- Prior to the loss at Reims, Le Havre had won four games in a row, so they are in good form. They have one of the best squads in Ligue 2.
Conclusion & Betting analysis
- The visitors are favourites in between a DNB and -0.25 handicap line. This is fair enough, HAC are the better team and have the extra quality.
- This match will be defence vs attack. Laval will probably park the bus, even though they are at home. It's up to Le Havre to break them down. Will they? I'm not sure and it might take an individual moment of class to win it.
- It would be too risky backing the away side. Laval could easily draw this game or even win it if they found a goal from a set piece or something. I'll leave this one alone.
Recommended bet: None