Le Havre preview
- HAC head into the match having won 5 of their last 6 fixtures and a win here would put them joint top of the table.
- The departure of Bob Bradley to Swansea doesn’t seem to have had a negative effect on anyone. In fact, new coach Oswald Tanchot is arguably getting more out of the players.
- Tanchot is fortunate that he has a full compliment of players available to him. Le Havre have no injuries or suspensions to worry about.
- HAC are usually very strong at home and it’s not very often that they lose here.
- The newly promoted team have been going very well in the ligue but suffered a shock cup exit last week at the hands of lower ranked opposition.
- Nevertheless, sixth spot is an excellent return for them at this stage of the campaign. Recent signs are that Christophe Pelissier’s men are starting to slow down though.
- ASC have only won 1 of their last 6 games and failed to score in 4 of their last 5. After a hot start, it might be that their bubble is slowly bursting.
- There are fitness doubts surrounding starting defender Khaled Adenon & midfielder Thomas Monconduit. Pacey winger Georges Gope Fenepej is rested out due to long travel commitments following international duty.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- There’s no doubt that Le Havre are much the better team. On paper, there’s night and day between the two teams in terms of quality.
- Matches aren’t won on paper but if this was the first match of the season, Le Havre would be something around 1.50 to win. That they are as big as 1.97 just shows how much Amiens have achieved so far this season.
- It just feels to me like their good form has ended though and they are starting more of a downward trend. Le Havre are heading in the opposite direction, winning a lot of matches and their only recent setback was a highly unlucky defeat at Reims.
- I don’t think they will have a walk in the park here but I have to back the extra quality of Le Havre to deliver today. I’ll take them straight up on the nose to win the game.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Le Havre -0.5 @ 1.97