Le Havre preview
- Oswald Tanchot enjoyed a good start as Le Havre boss, but a poor run of form seems to have stopped the honeymoon. HAC have only won 1 of their last 4 games and failed to score in three of those contests.
- There’s no real explanation for this poor run. They’ve been at total full strength in all of those games with no injuries or suspensions. That's the same again tonight but can he set the right formation with the best XI of players?
- It seems to me that HAC aren’t creating enough chances. They aren’t dominating games like they should do. When the clinical touch in front of goal deserts them, it’s a struggle.
- The Normandie outfit haven’t lost at home since August, but some nagging draws here have cost them a bit.
- The visitors beat Laval 1-0 on Friday night to move back into the top half of the table. They seem like an ‘all or nothing’ side at the moment winning 3 but losing 4 of their last 7 games.
- Strasbourg are difficult to predict at the moment and seem capable of anything. They were pretty bad in their last road match at Ajaccio and a repeat of that sort of performance would likely see them get beat tonight.
- Left back Abdallah N’Dour is suspended tonight which is a blow. He’s started all but one of their games this season. The midfield duo of Anthony Goncalves and Ihsan Sacko are still injured but everyone else is available.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between two sides who I rate as being in the top six in Ligue 2. Right now though, neither can be trusted fully for various different reasons.
- Le Havre had problems breaking down Amiens in their last home match and a lack of recent goals in a worry. Strasbourg have some strong defenders who could make life difficult for them as well.
- However, the clean sheet obtained on Friday night was their first in seven matches so if they make mistakes here then the powerful HAC attack will probably punish them.
- It’s a tough one to call because it really depends which version of each side shows up. Le Havre are favourites around the 2.10 mark which feels pretty fair to me.
- I simply can’t trust either team. This match could end 0-0 or it could explode into a more open affair. I’m very undecided so it makes sense to leave the match alone.
Recommended bet: None