- Les Sang et Or have only lost twice all season, less than any other side in Ligue 2. But a huge amount of draws, 8 in 15 matches is really hindering their progress.
- They are dominating a lot of contests, but failure to convert enough chances has been a let down,in addition to letting leads slip.
- Squad in great condition with no significant absences. The coach effectively has everyone available for selection, it’s just a question of picking the right XI for this game.
Le Havre preview
- Third placed HAC have done well since new coach Oswald Tanchot took over, although were disappointingly held to a 0-0 draw at home to Amiens last week.
- On that occasion they came up against a strong robust defence, but they missed big chances and it’s unusual that the offensive firepower they have doesn’t hit the back of the net unless facing a really stout backline.
- Tanchot has a full complement of players from which to choose. Le Havre have no injuries or suspensions and are at full health.
- HAC have statistically the second best away record in Ligue 2 and have won 3 of their last 4 road games. Their dangerous and often quick counter attacks are a big weapon to have on their travels.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between two heavyweights in Ligue 2 and a big crowd is to be expected. The atmosphere could be intimidating but sometimes this works against Lens and inspires the opposition.
- Lens draw so many games that another all square encounter is probably to be expected. The hosts are a -0.25 favourite which is fair enough, but anyone backing Lens has to be fearful of losing half their stake.
- Despite both teams being involved in quite a few unders recently, it’s an over 2 goal pick which I fancy. Lens don’t keep enough clean sheets and I see enough offensive strength here to deliver at least 2 goals.
- Le Havre have faced some good defences recently and teams who like to sit deep. This will be a much better chance for them to be dangerous in the final third of the field.
- If I had to pick a side on the handicap then it would be the visitors +0.25. However, Lens have been playing well recently and I’m not willing to risk backing HAC.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.80