- Les Dogues have already lost 8 out of 12 games this season and endured a rough start to the campaign. They currently reside in the bottom three places.
- Have won 2 of their last 3 at home but both were against poor sides Bastia & Nancy. This is a much more difficult challenge.
- Lille have been missing a number of attacking players to injury this season. The situation is helped by the return of Nicolas De Preville and Ronny Lopes tonight though.
- Facing big teams like Lyon, coach Frederic Antonetti usually employs defensive tactics. He will be happy to sit back and soak up pressure here, even though they are at home.
- Back to back wins has got Lyon back on track, but they are still some way short of where they’d ideally like to be in the table.
- Playmaker Nabil Fekir is suspended and wide man Ghezzal injured. At the back, Jallet remains a casualty, and centre back Mamama joins him on the treatment table.
- Lyon don’t have the greatest of away records this season, already losing 3 of their 6 road games so far.
- Have a poor record in this fixture, failing to win on any of their last nine trips to Lille.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- LOSC have had a poor season so far, but this sort of fixture could suit them. They have some good defenders who might be able to nullify and frustrate Lyon.
- Lyon tend to struggle against solid teams who park the bus. They get frustrated, try too hard and eventually make errors which can cost them at the other end.
- The visitors are favourites on a DNB handicap but I’m not convinced they have the patience here, so I couldn't trust them.
- I’m expecting Lille to come up with a strong tactical gameplan and this feels like a low scoring contest in which Lyon have a lot of possession, but lack a cutting edge.
- I think this will end up as a low scoring draw, or even a tight home win. Nothing interests me from a betting point of view, although under 2.5 is a generous price.
- Lyon are a strong over team though who will often force the issue, or gamble if behind so it would be a little dangerous to bet on anything. I think the best option here is to swerve.
Recommended bet: None