- USO have only won two games all season and are only outside of the relegation zone by virtue of goal difference.
- In recent times they've gone into their shell and goalscoring has become a big problem, netting just once in five attempts.
- Experienced centre back Joel Sami continues to be left out by choice of the coach, which is surprising.
- Orleans have been better at home this season, losing only once here since the opening day.
- Les Crocos are now unbeaten in their last nine games and they possess the best away record in the division, winning 4 of their 7 road games.
- Nimes are playing some very good football at the moment and possess great attacking strength on the road where their past players are so dangerous.
- Winger Ousmane Cissokho is suspended but they have plenty of other strong depth in this department. Centre back Fethi Harek remains injured which is a blow because he’s quite solid and experienced.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Considering the fact that Nimes are unbeaten in 9 games, it’s perhaps surprising to see them on a +0.25 handicap here.
- Orleans aren’t a great team by any means and I personally favour the visitors to prevail. They are the better all round side, posses extra quality and enjoy playing on the road.
- However, Orleans aren’t too bad in front of their own fans and might be awkward opposition. I could see them potentially grinding out a draw and digging in.
- So overall I prefer not to get involved in the game. There’s definitely a clash of styles here and I’m not entirely sure who can claim the spoils. Nimes +0.25 is a highly tempting bet but I will refrain in this instance.
Recommended bet: None