- The hosts surprised everyone by beating Nimes 2-1 last week, ending a run of eight games without a win.
- Orleans played well in that contest, delivering a pretty good second half and was definitely their best performance in a while.
- Usually, this team is pretty goal shy but they enjoyed facing a softer defence last week and looked much more threatening. Perhaps this is a signal that they will open up more again now.
- Playmaker Mickael Barreto is suspended, but apart from longer term injuries then no other significant players are missing for the hosts.
- A controversial last minute penalty denied Valenciennes a win last week as they were held 3-3 at home to Bourg-en-Bresse in what was an absolute classic.
- The visitors’ haven’t been defending well recently, conceding a whopping 17 goals in their last 7 games. However, offensively they’ve been a huge threat themselves and don't lack firepower.
- VA have some good young and fast attackers who are quite capable of scoring. It’s clear the coach has been willing to go for it more this season, although it’s been to the detriment of their backline.
- With just one away win so far, some might think they are poor on the road. However, the way this team is set up with fast attackers can make them dangerous. I feel VA are a team comfortable on their travels.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I’d say Valenciennes probably haven’t been playing as badly as their recent results might suggest. Just some poor defending and conceding goals at crucial times has cost them dearly.
- Orleans should be buoyed buy their win last week and their offense especially should be more confident. Facing a softer backline they might be able to do well again.
- Overall, I think we’ll see an open game of football. Unless Valenciennes suddenly make an extra effort to really tighten up then this match should contain quite a few chances.
- The bet that immediately catches my eye is over 2.25 goals. VA have been involved in a lot of over matches recently, 6 of their last 7 ended with a minimum of three goals in them.
- There’s always a concern surrounding Orleans’ attack and a negative intent. But last week was very encouraging from them and I anticipate the hosts will try and stay on the front foot.
- I’m not sure who will win this match and literally it’s capable of going either way. Something like a 2-2 draw could be on the cards, or 2-1 either way is a possible outcome. The only bet I’m interested in is the overs.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 2.01