Red Star preview
- It’s now three consecutive defeats for the Parisian outfit who are sliding towards the relegation zone. They’ve played some fairly good teams recently but it's worrying how the hosts got outplayed in most of their recent contests.
- Squad condition is excellent with only goalkeeper Arnaud Balijon ruled out long term. Everyone else is available, as has been the case for the last whole month so there’s no excuses in this department.
- Red Star haven’t enjoyed a very good homefield advantage since they returned to Ligue 2 level. Nothing much has changed this season and they've only won twice in front of their own fans, against Tours and Laval who are both below them in the table.
- Defeat at home to Valenciennes on Friday night snapped a three game unbeaten run. Orleans are situated in 18th spot, a position they always seem to hold. It’s inevitable they’ll be battling hard against relegation for most of the campaign.
- Injuries and suspensions hit them hard tonight. At the back, the influential Anthar Yahia (inj) and Edson Seidou (susp) are both ruled out, whilst key playmaker Karim Ziani is another casualty.
- A few other players are carrying knocks and appear to be in poor health as Orleans try and improve their terrible away record. Their statistics are five defeats and two losses so far, the worst record in the entire division.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Orleans were perhaps unlucky to lose against Valenciennes on Friday. They were the better team in the game but failed to take their chances, something which often happens.
- With a few players out and considering such a poor away record, then I’d say this is a good chance for Red Star to prevail. They don’t have a great home record but I think they’ll collect all three points.
- The hosts are a really big price in a DNB handicap, around the 1.80 mark. This is simply too high and has to be backed. I actually rate them as the better team and they have a lot more factors in their favour.
- I’d be surprised if Orleans won this game. A draw is certainly possible but I will play the percentages here and back Red Star. I doubt it’ll be much of a classic but something like 1-0 or 2-0 may well occur.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Red Star DNB @ 1.80