- Back to back defeats and just 1 win in 5 games has seen Sochaux move down to 11th position, nowhere near where they want to be.
- Les Lionceaux started the season very hard to beat, but now their lack of wins is starting to catch up with them. Albert Cartier’s men have only tasted victory twice since mid August.
- The squad is at least in good condition with winger Florian Martin their most significant absence. Centre back Jerome Onguene is another ruled out, although he hasn’t featured much this season anyway.
- Key striker Faneva Andriatsima who has scored most of their goals this season returns from suspension, which is a major boost.
- They are second bottom of the table having lost 8 out of 12 fixtures. TFC have the worst defensive record in the division, conceding a whopping 26 goals so far!
- Matters got even worse for them last week, getting knocked out of the French cup by seriously low ranked opposition.
- Coach Fabian Mercadal who is also suspended for this match, is under serious pressure. Many are surprised he hasn’t already been sacked but he’s clearly on his last legs.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Tours have been one of the poorest sides in Ligue 2 this season. It’s not by chance they are second bottom and lost 8 of their 12 fixtures.
- They are what I call a ‘bad team’ and these sort of sides tend to do bad things to cock up matches. They probably haven’t played as poorly as results might suggest, but crucial errors in both boxes often cost them dearly.
- Sochaux have become an unreliable side and simply draw too many games. Their lack of goals is also a concern under Albert Cartier.
- However, with their main striker back and facing such a poor defence, plus a team under such big pressure, this is a great chance to win.
- Sochaux have much better players in their ranks and should be able to demonstrate their superiority here. I’m going to back them to win around the 1.85 mark. These odds are nothing special but it feels like Tours coach Fabian Mercadal is on his last legs and this could be the final nail in his coffin.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Sochaux -0.5 @ 1.96