- RCS have bounced back into form following back to back wins against Auxerre & Sochaux respectively. Last week’s success at Sochaux was a surprise and they defended well for the most part.
- Suddenly, Thierry Laurey’s men have been involved in some higher scoring contests. I think this will revert back to the norm because first and foremost Strasbourg are a defensive minded team. Some late goals have inflated their score lines recently.
- The most notable absences are Felipe Saad (CB) and Anthony Goncalves (CM). The squad remains unchanged compared to last week, although defender Kader Mangane returns.
- The Champagne outfit remain on the the coat-tails of the leaders and have only lost two games all season. They have a 100% home record, but road results haven’t ben as good.
- Reims have yet to win away from home, but have faced some good teams and drawn 5 out of 7 times. Their tactics and style on the road are completely different.
- Playmaker out wide Pablo Chavarria is ruled out injured along with Grejohn Kyei. Centre back Antoine Conte is another casualty.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Strasbourg’s recent encounters have contained quite a lot of goals but I expect this to be a tighter encounter. Reims will come here, first and foremost to defend and avoid defeat.
- They have a strong defence which is more than capable of keeping a clean sheet and frustrate the hosts. I don’t anticipate a lot of chances or goals in this encounter.
- Nothing really stands out here. A 0-0 is possible but one goal either way would likely be enough to secure all three points. This isn’t a game that interests me from a betting point of view.
Recommended bet: None