- Defeat away to Red Star last week (1-3) moved TFC back inside the relegation zone. This followed on from an excellent 4-1 win against Valenciennes.
- Tours have only won 1 out of 7 home games this season and conceded more goals in front of their own fans (13) than any other team.
- The squad is at full strength with their only absentees being to less important players which doesn't really affect anything.
- Coach, Fabien Mercadal was recently given a vote of confidence and the 4-1 victory a couple of weeks ago should ensure he’s safe for a few more weeks, but the pressure is certainly on.
- The visitors lost 1-2 at home to Lens on Monday night and this was just their second defeat of the season. They played too open and were exposed by a good counter attacking side.
- Brest are still unbeaten away from home and remain top of the table. They are well coached by Ligue 2 specialist Jean Marc Furlan who employs positive tactics on a regular basis.
- Right back Gaetan Belaud returns from injury which will help them both in an attacking and defensive sense. However, left back Nganioni is ruled out along with playmaker Bruno Grougi who’s now been missing for some time.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brest suffered disappointment on Monday night but this is an ideal chance to bounce back facing a poor Tours outfit who have the worst defensive record in the ligue.
- The hosts under Fabien Mercadal are simply too open and this should play into Brest’s hands. They have some fast and technical attackers like Neal Maupay who should be able to feast.
- Brest themselves aren’t that tight at the back though, as Monday night proved. They are better defensively on the road but there’s every chance Touts could score a goal or two here.
- Over 2 goals is my main pick. At worst, this should result in a refund but overall I see this as a clear over match containing plenty of chances.
- Brest DNB is too good to refuse as well. As a rule, I don’t like backing away sides in France but in this instance we are backing one of the best teams in the division which makes it acceptable. On a DNB line around 1.98 then this is too juicy to ignore.
Recommended bets 1 unit each: Brest DNB @ 1.98 & Over 2 goals @1.92