- ESTAC are on fire! They are unbeaten in 9 games and have won 6 of their last 7 contests. They are up to second in the table and have become a major promotion contender.
- Troyes play some nice football on the deck and in Adama Niane they have a striker who has scored a lot of goals this season. However, the real strength of this team appears to be at the back.
- They’ve only conceded 3 goals in their last 7 games and kept things pretty tight. For this match they welcome back centre back Johan Martial into the side but I’d be surprised if he gets into the XI based on the form of others.
- Troyes have a great home record. They’ve won their last four games in front of their own fans and haven’t lost here since the opening day of the season.
- Corrine Diacre’s men picked up another win last Friday. and they've now obtained 7 points out of a possible 9 in recent weeks.
- No new injuries to worry about, although right back Cyriaque Rivieren is suspended. His replacement will be Brandon Agounon who actually played really well last week after he came on, even contributing with a goal.
- Clermont have a mixed away record this season, although aren’t known for being strong on the road under the management of Diacre. Every now and then they produce a good display on their travels, which is possibly due here.
- It is worth noting that the Auvergne outfit have scored in every away match since the opening day of the season though, so clearly carry a threat offensively.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Troyes have been in great form recently and I have to say I give them the edge here. They are just a better all round side than Clermont and logically will probably have enough to secure all three points.
- However, the visitors are a strange side who are capable of anything. They won't be afraid of Troyes and on their day are capable of causing an upset. I think they’ll come here looking to counter attack strongly.
- The hosts can be backed around the 2.05 mark, which for some people will be tempting. I have to admit they are certainly the most likely victors, but I prefer to stay away.
- I have a poor record betting in Troyes games and I am giving them a swerve at the moment. I feel that this is a potential over 2.5 game as well but my history betting overs in ESTAC games is appalling.
- Overall, this should be an interesting game to watch, but there’s enough potential dangers here which leads me to think the best option is to refrain from betting.
Recommended bet: None