- ESTAC have certainly found some form. They are unbeaten in seven matches and only a late equaliser by Orleans denied them a fifth straight victory last week.
- Coach, Jean Louis Garcia has been able to name consistent squads recently which has certainly helped their cause. However, midfield duo Confais & Dingome are injured here, whilst Caceres upfront misses out too. Only the former can be classed as a regular starter though.
- Troyes are unbeaten at home since the opening day of the season and won their last three consecutive matches here. The field surface is good and they play some attractive football here.
- The visitors have followed two big wins with two big defeats. They have been involved in a lot of high scoring matches recently and this now seems to be their style of play.
- Valenciennes have a lot of younger players in their ranks who are good technically, but they lack discipline and organisation sometimes.
- Results like their win at Strasbourg & draw at Le Havre prove they can go on the road against the better sides and pick up points, so a trip to Troyes will hold no fear.
- Defender Moussa Niakhate is suspended, but everyone else of significance is fully available and the squad in excellent condition.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Troyes have been in good form recently but VA shouldn’t be underestimated. This is the sort of match in which they usually thrive, away from home against a team who might leave them some spaces.
- Troyes have incredibly been involved in four under 2.5 games recently but all probably should have gone over! The way they play is very open. Loads of chances are created but they also leave themselves vulnerable at the back.
- Lack of a finishing touch isn’t just down to bad luck. They aren’t clinical enough but sooner or later one of their games is going to explode into life.
- I have been burnt by backing Troyes overs recently but with a 2.25 goal line around the 1.80 mark, I simply can’t refuse here. They way both teams play then this game really should contain at absolute worst two goals.
- I could see Valenciennes winning the contest, they have some fast attackers who could cause Troyes all sorts of problems. But I see goals at both ends so a higher scoring draw can’t be ruled out either.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.82