- Four wins in six games has put Brann’s destiny pretty much in their own hands. Realistically, any sort of victory will be enough for second place unless Odd thrashed Tromso.
- The hosts have been brilliant in front of their own fan this season with a superb 10-3-1 record, conceding just five goals in the process. This place is a fortress.
- Defensive duo of Acosta & Gronner are ruled out, along with striker Daniel Braaten.
- The visitors are unbeaten in five games and a victory could potentially see them finish as high as fourth, which would grab them a Europa League spot.
- Squad condition is perfect ahead of the match with no injuries or suspensions of note.
- Sarpsborg possess the fifth best away record in the league and are no mugs on the road. They’ve already beaten Brann this season so will be after a double against them.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Brann are so good at home that it’;s difficult to bet against them at this stadium. This match is now all about how much bottle they have to get over the finishing line in second place.
- With quite a lot of pressure on their shoulders, then 1.80 is a short enough price for my liking and I’m not interested in backing them.
- Sarpsborg could easily play spoiler here and they don’t have much pressure on their shoulders. Realistically, they need to win the game to finish fourth and they should relish an opportunity to have something to fight for.
- I have a feeling there is a twist in the tale here and that Brann will make life difficult for themselves. But it’s been ‘their season’ and I think eventually the Bergan club find a way to win.
Recommended bet: None