- A nightmare run of results at the worst possible time seems to have undone all the good work achieved by coach Toni Ordinas who took over at the helm around the halfway stage of the season.
- Stabaek were poor last week at Molde but have one more chance to save their skin. Only a victory would give them a chance to avoid automatic relegation.
- Considering that both Tromso & Bodo face tough opponents, there’s every chance Stabaek could save themselves by taking all three points, so the motivation and incentive is incredibly high.
- The visitors have been relegated for quite some time and have nothing to play for except pride.
- They have ended the season quite competitively though, playing spoiler in a number of fixtures. Their overall mood and incentive is difficult to predict here, although I think they would prefer to see Stabaek relegated.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Start might have improved of late but I just can’t see them being that bothered here. It’s been a long old season, they are away from home and most of the players will have holidays on their minds.
- Stabaek simply have to win, and this sort of extra motivation at home to the worst team in the league is too much to pass on.
- The hosts, who should be well supported today by their loyal and passionate supporters can be backed on a -1 asian line around the 1.85 mark which I’m happy to take.
- At very worst they should be winning this sort of match but ultimately I think they get over the line comfortably. Whether or not a win is enough to save their skins remains to be seen but all they can do is pick up three points and apply pressure.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Stabaek -1 (asian) @ 1.87