- The Stavanger side remain inconsistent, but remarkable a victory here would give them a chance of finishing as high as fourth.
- It’s highly unlikely they could surpass another four teams, but it is nevertheless possible, and might offer an extra incentive.
- The squad is in perfect condition with no injuries or suspensions. I’m sure Viking will want to give their loyal fans a good send off, in what has been an extremely difficult season off the field financially.
- The visitors have limped over the relegation line in unconvincing fashion. But they have nevertheless managed to avoid the threat of going down with a game to spare.
- They have nothing to play for now and there’s only one team (Sogndal) that they could surpass in the table.
- A few players are injured and the XI might be rotated a bit, especially not to risk anyone picking up a suspension for the start of next season.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Viking could theoretically finish fourth but realistically I’d say they have little to play for now. Valerenga definitely have nothing at stake so it’s a rare match today in which both aren’t involved in a key battle.
- In this sort of situation late in the season I usually always favour the home team. Playing in front of your own fans gives more of an incentive and Viking will probably want to reward their fans a bit.
- The hosts can be backed on a -0.25 handicap at decent enough odds, and this is good enough for me. I don’t expect much of a classic but I think Viking will eek out a close and perhaps unremarkable victory.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Viking -0.25 @ 1.86