- No win in five games and are now slipping towards the lower half of midtable. Angers haven’t been playing that badly, just not that great.
- Have goalkeeper issues. Mathieu Michel is ruled out injured and Denis Petric, who can be fairly unreliable goes in between the sticks tonight.
- The rest of the squad is fully available minus Billy Ketkeo who is out long term, whilst midfielder Thomas Mangani is effectively on paternity leave this weekend.
- Angers don’t have a great home record, actually possessing the fourth worst in the league. Le Stade Jean Bouin is far from a fortress this season.
- Les Canaris now have a new coach, Sergio Conceicao, the ex Braga boss. He started with a win in the midweek Coupe de France as they beat Montpellier 3-1.
- Scoring three goals was the most they;’ve netted all season. In total, Nantes have scored just 9 times in Ligue 1, something which the new coach will want to rectify.
- I have no real idea what sort of effect the new coach will have. Nantes have been desperately struggling. They were improved in midweek but that was only the cup. This is now the real test.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- It might take Conceicao until the new year to sort Nantes out. But Nantes have two matches before the winter break and really need to pick up some points soon. His appointment could give the players a kick up the backside, which they needed.
- Angers are priced in between a DNB and -0.25 handicap line and they are a tempting price. However, lack of recent form puts me off.
- Literally anything could happen here. Nantes are highly unpredictable and it would be unwise to get involved. I think this is an easy no bet match.
Recommended bet: None