- An unfortunate two losses in three games has stalled Guingamp’s progress somewhat, but they are still situated in sixth spot and going well.
- The Brittany outfit have only lost once home game this season and have an excellent 5-2-1 record at Le Stade Roudourou. They’ve gotten into a good habit of picking up results here.
- Squad condition is good with no major injuries or suspensions. Apart from long term absentees they are in good health.
- Victory in the midweek Coupe de la Ligue against Lille was their first this month. PSG have been very slack in December so far and have slipped up in both the league and Champions League.
- With Nice four points clear of them and Monaco also ahead, then PSG know they desperately need three points here. The visitors simply aren’t playing that well though and something isn’t right under coach Unai Emery.
- The squad has very few injuries. Hatem Ben Arfa is ruled out but this is probably a good thing. He’s been terrible all season and played very selfishly when coming on as a substitute.
- Les Parisiens have always lost three times away from home this season. Defeats at Toulouse and Montpellier prove things are different this campaign.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I would honestly not be surprised if PSG got rumbled again here. Guingamp isn’t an easy place to visit and I don’t think the visitors will have an easy match.
- They are understandable favourites but backing them on a -1 or -1.25 handicap line looks pretty dangerous to me. They are due a good performance but I just don’t see them blowing away anyone at the moment, let alone a highly competent Guingamp outfit.
- If I had any bollocks then I would take the hosts on a handicap. However, PSG have the best squad in the league and if they are in the mood could easily deliver the goods.
- It’s simply too dangerous to oppose PSG in this league, even if it has proven to be profitable more often this campaign. I don’t fancy the overs so this is going to have to be a no bet game.
Recommended bet: None