- OM played well at Sainte in midweek, deserving better than a 0-0 draw. The standard of their performance was highly encouraging, one of their best since new coach Rudi Garcia took charge.
- Marseille have kept 4 out of 6 clean sheets under Garcia and they have noticable improved at the back in certain matches. Unless they are facing a strong offense like Monaco, then they aren’t looking in much trouble.
- Left back Henri Bedimo, midfielder Lass Diarra & playmaker Remy Cabella are all ruled out of this match because of injury.
- The Lorraine outfit have slow but surely been able to turn around their form recently. Thanks to the magnificent 4-0 hammering of local rivals Metz in midweek, Nancy are now out of the relegation zone for the first time this season.
- Pablo Correa’s men should be on a mega high after that aforementioned victory. They’ve looked much more solid of late and kept clean sheets in four of their last six games.
- Starting keeper Guy Ndy Assembe is ruled out which means Sergey Chernik will be in between the sticks. It’s difficult to know how much of a downgrade he’ll be. Nancy have no other injuries to worry about though.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both sides have been showing some improvements recently so should come into the game feeling quite good. Marseille are favourites around the 1.75 mark, which is no surprise.
- Pound for pound, OM have a lot more quality and should realistically have too much for Nancy. However, I expect the visitors will be tough to break down. They frustrated Montpellier recently and you could argue that MHSC are more efficient in front of goal than OM are.
- Rudi Garcia is a good tactical coach and has instilled some good patience into his troops. Marseille found a way to beat Caen a few weeks ago, netting a late 1-0 winner. I could see something similar occurring again. I don’t think Nancy will have many chances.
- There is nothing I like betting wise in this match. The odds are all set pretty fair. If I had to take anything, it would actually be under 2.25. I don’t expect much of a classic and chances could be at a premium.
Recommended bet: None