- The Lorraine outfit have only lost 2 of their last 7 games, both against Monaco & Marseille, which is no disgrace. The general standard of their results and performances have been improving.
- The experienced midfield duo, Diarra & Pedretti are both suspended today which leaves a big hole in the middle.
- Nancy have won all of their last three home games to nil which must give them plenty of confidence ahead of this match.
- The visitors have only won 1 of their last 7 games and are the definition of a genuine midtable side, who are often very inconsistent.
- The squad is in good condition with their only real absence being right back Vincent Manceau.
- Have lost 5 out of 8 away games but can be dangerous on the road as victories at Bastia & Bordeaux prove.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I think this will be a tight match. Nancy have been playing alright recently but the key to their home form has been keeping clean sheets. I doubt they’ll take unnecessary risk.
- Angers should be able to dominate the midfield with someone like Cheikh N’Doye. Nancy missing two important players in the middle could be crucial.
- This game feels quite drawish and the way the bookies have priced up the game would suggest this too. I don’t think this is a great betting prospect and I’m happy to leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None