- Les Canaris continue to have problems both on and off the field. Caretaker manager Philippe Mao lost his first game in charge last week 2-0 away against Guingamp and not a lot seems to have changed at the club.
- You could argue that Nantes would prefer being on the road at the moment. The fans are incredibly frustrated, especially with the board and are sure to vent their frustrations here. The atmosphere could be highly poisonous.
- The hosts have a few injuries and suspensions. This might actually be a good thing because the players simply haven’t been performing well enough this season, a change to the team could be beneficial.
- The Normandie outfit blew a 3-1 lead at home to 10 man Dijon last week, eventually having to settle for a 3-3 draw. With just 1 win in 8 games the situation isn’t great for Caen right now and they find themselves only just above the relegation zone.
- Patrice Garande’s men have the worst away record in Ligue 1, with terrible 0-1-7 statistics. They have however travelled to some difficult locations.
- It looks like key goalkeeper Remy Vercoutre is going to be ruled out injured again. Without him, they are definitely at risk of conceding more goals. Paul Reulet made one very good save last week, but for the most part he’s a massive downgrade.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- In terms of form, this is a horrible match. Nantes have been abysmal this season and they will hope that the arrival of a new coach will help them out. He doesn’t start until next week though and I personally can’t have any faith in Les Canaris.
- Caen meanwhile, are a more interesting prospect. I can’t help but feel their results should be better. A lot of their issues are more mental than technical.
- There is absolutely no way that Nantes should be as short in the betting as they are. Who could back them around the 2.0 mark? Certainly not me anyway.
- I actually think Caen are overpriced straight up @ 4.50. But for a team that’s yet to win on the road I don’t even think they are worth a small nibble here. It’s a clear no bet game.
Recommended bet: None