- Les Aiglons remain top of the table after grinding out a 1-0 success at Guingamp in midweek. As a result of PSG’s surprising slip up yesterday, they could now go top of the table with a victory here.
- Nice have a great 6-2-0 home record and have been extremely formidable at the Allianz Riviera under new coach Lucien Favre.
- The same squad is retained for this match. Key striker Mario Balotelli remains a notable casualty. Nice definitely offer less threat and score fewer goals without him in the team.
- TFC managed to grind out an ugly but effective 1-0 win against Montpellier in midweek. This snapped a run of six without a win and will come as a relief to coach Pascal Dupraz.
- This is the first time under his management that TFC have looked a bit dodgy. The victory will do them some good, but performance wise they still weren’t convincing.
- The squad however, isn’t in great condition. A number of players are either ruled out or rated doubtful. The biggest problems are at the back where the likes of Christophe Julien & Issa Diop miss the contest.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Most Toulouse away games contain few goals or chances. I could see them coming here with a defensive gameplan, so something similar could occur again.
- Nice definitely aren’t as potent going forwards without Mario Balotelli. They’ll probably just about have enough to secure victory though, maybe something like a 1-0 or 2-0 win is the most probable outcome.
- The hosts however, aren’t a great price, only around the 1.80 mark. If you back them then it’s an ‘all or nothing’ bet and you’ll either win or lose. With no security in case of a draw, then I’d prefer to swerve them.
- The over/under line is set at 2.25 and this looks about fair, if not a little high. I do think this game will remain under, however there’s a chance it could open up. Overall, it’s a difficult contest to bet on so I’ll leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None