- Their last three Ligue 1 fixtures have yielded just one point. The champions have had a very poor December overall and they desperately need the winter break to arrive in order to recover.
- Something hasn’t been right with them all season but the recent slump has just highlighted that fact even more. It really is difficult to say what’s gone wrong, there are a number of reasons.
- Key playmaker Angel Di Maria is injured and ruled out of this match. However, the Argentinian has been in poor form this season and might not even be missed that much.
- PSG have kept 7 out of 9 clean sheets at home and nobody has managed to beat them at Le Parc des Princes.
- Les Merlus remain bottom of the table but have been in much better form recently. They’ve only lost 1 of their last 5 games and the prospect of avoiding relegation is now much more realistic.
- New coach Bernard Casoni seems to have instilled some extra belief into the side. His tactics have also been positive and allowed the players to express themselves. They’ll come here to Paris with no pressure on their shoulders and this is a pure bonus fixture.
- Their away record is pretty awful, losing 7 out of 9 fixtures. However, the two draws obtained were both under Casoni and an improvement has been noted.
- Squad condition is fine with no new injuries or suspensions to worry about. Nobody of major significance is ruled out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Failure to win this game really would be a disaster for PSG., They are in somewhat of a crisis right now and a poor result tonight would seriously deepen it.
- They aren’t however expected to have any problems. Lorient aren’t much of a side and are unlikely to have much resistance. PSG are -2 asian handicap favourites and most people expect them to win comfortably.
- I just don’t see how they can be trusted though. Teams like Montpellier and Guingamp have both beaten them recently. Ok, those losses were on the road but it’s still very worrying.
- I think they’ll claim a fairly comfortable victory but there’s no guarantee PSG will prevail by a three goal margin, or even by two. So I’m quite happy to leave this market alone.
- The goal line is set at 3.5 which is way too high for French football. This may or may not cover but you’d have to be mad to back this line, especially when you consider PSG concede few goals at home.
Recommended bet: None