- The Brittany outfit have been going along alright recently, although were thumped 7-0 by Monaco in the cup midweek. Ok, this was only a cup match but it's hardly ideal.
- Rennes have been very good at home this season, winning 7 and drawing 2 contests. This stadium has become a fortress again.
- Squad in good condition most of their injuries are long term.
- Beat Metz 2-0 last week which was their first win in a while and came as a big relief.
- Bastia aren't usually know for getting good away results and their overall stats are pretty awful. However, it's rare they get blown out and tend to play close contests in which they make themselves difficult to break down.
- The Corsicans are still missing a few defenders but for the most part the squad isn't in bad condition.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Rennes are 1.70 favourites here and I'd say it's likely they'll return to winning ways. However, that price is acting too skinny and a -0.75 handicap wouldn't intereste me because Bastia don't get beaten up big very often.
- This could be an over or under affair, I'm not entirely sure. I expect Rennes to dominate possession and chances. Bastia will probably only be a threat from set pieces and the odd break.
- The most likely outcome is a 1-0 or 2-0 home win but overall I'm happy to avoid this game. Rennes should win it but it might also be a trap game for them.
Recommended bet: None