- The Corsican outfit remain inconsistent. Their 4-1 defeat to local rivals GFCA proving that point. Ajaccio had gone four games without defeat, so it came out of nowhere.
- Of course, ACA weren’t helped by the first half sending off of right back Anthony Lippini. No stranger to trouble, the feisty defender will be suspended tonight.
- Left back Jordan Pierre Charles is left out of the squad, probably injured. Ajaccio have no other issues apart from goalkeeper Riffi Mandanda who remains sidelined.
- Usually strong at home and currently have the fourth best record in front of their own fans.
- Three defeats in four games have really stalled Nimes’ momentum. They look like a team who could do with the winter break and their form has drifted.
- Back to back away losses at Orleans and Auxerre don’t make great reading. Neither of those teams are any good yet somehow Nimes produced two stinking performances against them.
- Key winger Christian Koukou is injured, and fellow wide man Renaud Ripart again misses out. There are question marks at the back as well where a few players are rated doubtful. Right back Gael Angoula is definitely ruled out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- The way things are going right now I think Ajaccio will probably win this game. I’m not expecting a classic by any means. This has all the makings of a typical Ligue 2 low scoring grinder.
- Ajaccio are hard to beat at home but don’t always win. They are priced on a -0.25 handicap which is exactly where the line should be in my opinion. I would quite like to back them but only if the odds were better. Ideally, you’d want a DNB handicap.
- I do wonder how badly their 4-1 defeat Against local rivals GFC might affect them. Confidence could be a bit low so I think it’s best to avoid betting on them overall. Nimes don’t exactly have much form heading into the match though, so a home win is the most likely outcome.
- Overall, I’m happy to swerve this game. Ajaccio were a slight tempter but I don’t think there is any value either way here.
Recommended bet: None