- The newly promoted side remain the big surprise of the season and still reside as high as fifth. They are unbeaten in four matches, conceding just one goal during this period.
- In terms of raw talent, they shouldn't be anywhere near the top half but they have superb teamwork, chemistry & organisation. Amiens are an extremely tough nut to crack and enjoying their football.
- Ticket prices have been slashed tonight and a crowd of around 10,000 is expected. This will be the most support they’ve received all year and should be factored in.
- Les Lionceaux have also ground together an unbeaten three match run and they are up to seventh in the table. Perhaps more is expected but it looks like Les Lionceaux are back on track again.
- Away form isn’t bad and they have the potential to pick up good results on the road. Only conceding seven away goals in eight attempts is a fairly good return.
- Right sided players Pierre Gibaud & Mickael Alphonse are both suspended which is a blow. They have a sprinkling of injuries too which isn’t ideal.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I respect Sochaux but I think they could be in for a difficult night. Amiens have been on fire this season, punching well above their weight. With the extra home crowd support then I give them the edge.
- However, they are favourites on a DNB handicap line and this isn’t juicy enough to tempt me in.
- I respect Sochaux enough to refrain from betting and it’s not really out of the question that they could draw this game.
- I’m expecting a low scoring encounter and the goal line set at 1.75 is no surprise. Overall, I’m happy to swerve this contest.
Recommended bet: None