- Unbeaten in five games and have managed to string together a good sequence of results recently.
- There is inconsistency in terms of their style of play, but seem to have reverted back more towards their old ways of last season which was a positive approach.
- They have sprinkling of injuries but nobody of significance is ruled out. Bourg had encountered a few defensive casualties of late, but they are close to full strength at the back again.
- Highly inconsistent side, capable of anything at the moment. It looked like they were starting to string a few good results together but then fell flat against Troyes & Tours, failing to even hit the back of the net.
- Won 5-0 in the Coupe de France last weekend with new loan signing Dorian Caddy (from Nice) bagging a brace of goals. He’s a bit of a wildcard who could instantly add to their attack force.
- Clermont aren't bad, but aren’t great away from home either. It’s been a while since they won on the road too.
- Left back Karim Djellabi misses out for the second straight game and their other main injury is to goalkeeper Mehdi Jeannin who won’t be seen until the new year.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both sides can be hard to predict and capable of anything, but this should be a fairly open game. Bourg have shown more signs of being attack minded again recently and have been involved in some exciting games.
- Clermont really are a tricky team to assess. Literally anything is possible and I have a feeling they are due a good performance again. They have the sort of fast attackers who could take advantage if Bourg leave themselves open at the back.
- Therefore, over 2.25 is the pick that catches my attention. Priced around the 1.85 mark, this looks generous enough for a matchup between two teams who should be positive.
- I think Bourg are overpriced as well. Around the 1.70 mark on a DNB line, this looks a bit too high. However, I’m not sure this is a great matchup for them so I’ll leave this market alone.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.85
Minimum odds acceptable: 1.70